From where do we collect your personal data?
We may collect personal data from you when you make a purchase on our website, correspond with us by post, email or telephone, create an account for the subscription service on our website or request information from us. We may also automatically collect technical and usage data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns when you interact with our website. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
Some of the personal data we hold about you may be collected elsewhere than directly from you, such as from a credit reference agency, a regulatory authority or other publicly available databases.
If you do not provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to fulfil our obligations to you or respond to your requests, thereby preventing us from providing you with the highest level of service possible. We may also be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as our reporting requirements).
What information do we collect?
The categories of personal data about you that we may collect, store and use include:
– general information and contact details, such as name, gender, personal identity number, phone number, email address, address and other contact details;
– financial information, such as bank information, credit information and payment history;
– marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, user account details to our subscription service, correspondence data when contacting customer service and other communication/subscription preferences;
– technical data, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website; and
– usage data such as information about how you use our website and shopping history.
What the data will be used for?
We use the information that we collect to fulfil our commitments to you and to provide you with the service that you expect. We may also send you from time to time information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from Ruigrok van der Werven. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, we offer a range of ways in which you can inform us about your marketing preferences:
- All email messages and email newsletters will contain information on how you can unsubscribe; or
- Send an email to our customer services division: email@example.com; or
- Write to us at: Ruigrok van der Werven, Blaakse Wetering 71, 3176 XB Poortugaal, The Netherlands
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
The consumer needs to ensure that data such as email address, residential address and bank account numbers are complete, accurate and current data. Also, the consumer ensures that it is legally authorized to use the site.
To whom do we disclose your personal data?
Ruigrok van der Werven takes good care of the consumer personal information. The data we manage will never be made available to third parties without your prior consent.
Ruigrok van der Werven is committed to protecting your personal information. We use (SSL) encryption technology and other tools to protect all your information we might collect on our website.
How do we protect your personal data?
We will take adequate security measures to prevent any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
How long do we save your personal data?
We will only save your personal data as long as necessary in order for us to achieve the purpose it was collected for or as required in order to comply with any mandatory retention periods under applicable law.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your data can be changed at any time.